MAKE A GREEN CHOICE AT W BARCELONA
W Barcelona is an eco-friendly hotel, where it’s cool to be green. At W Barcelona, you can indulge without leaving your conscience at the door.
With W Barcelona, you have chosen an awarded Llave Verde establishment. With this action you are already contributing to the environmental care, without sacrificing quality service. Llave Verde tries to improve some aspects of your stay by reducing the use of harmful chemicals, improving the quality of indoor environment and by offering organic and local produce food.
So what's a Green Key?
Llave Verde is an international program created on 1984 and managed by FEE, which gathers more than 2.300 different establishments in 44 countries. In Spain, it is responsible of the ADEAC program.
What´s this about?
To stimulate, demonstrate and transmit good environmental practices in hotels such as:
Use of water and energy; waste treatment; Environmental purchasing policy and general administration. To contribute to the awareness raising, training and involvement of desirable values changes on attitudes and behaviors of all stakeholders in the tourism sector (institutions, tour operators, hotels, locals and tourists). in progress toward a more sustainable tourism and environment, promoting its networking.
Read more about the Green Key (Llave verde) initiative >
Don’t worry, all of our eco-friendly hotel efforts take place behind the scenes. At W Barcelona you can feel good about your impact on the environment without sacrificing style or comfort. While keeping a Green Choice commitment, we have a continued our Whatever/Whenever service promise to providing luxurious, lifestyle experiences for our guests.
Make W Barcelona your luxury green hotel in Barcelona, and stay green, glamorous and global!
EXPLORE W BARCELONA GREEN PROGRAMS
- W Barcelona has established a Green Council which has focus on engaging and promoting green practices throughout the hotel.
- LED lighting installed throughout the property.
- Occupancy sensors are installed to have an efficient use of the lighting
- Toilet efficiency has been design to have dual- flush control with final goal of reducing the consumption of water.
- Low flow facets have been installed to reduce water consumption.
- Recycling program available at meeting rooms, guestrooms and back of house areas.
- Our hotel considers and selects suppliers which are environmentally focused and the majority of our products are sourced locally achieving a positive impact on the CO2 emissions and promoting the sustainability of the local community.
- Paper and printing products are environmentally-sustainable.
- Green meeting packages available for groups.
- Chemical products used are sourced from Ecolab which is a leading company in the market and very focus on sustainability
- Green transportation available upon request through our concierge service.
- Make A Green Choice program available for guests. (For specific information contact our Whatever/Whenever department)